RUSSELL'S CREEK BAPTIST ACADEMY (1908)
Principal W. G. Welborn
This institution, located at Campbellsville, Ky., is a monument to the sacrifices and struggles of the Baptists of Russell Creek Association and other friends. The building was completed last summer and fitted with the most modern furniture and heating plant. The first session opened September 2, with an able faculty to aid its principal, and the success of the school thus far has exceeded the expectations of its friends. The winter term has a large number of new pupils added to the roll. The faculty are trying to make the atmosphere of the school refined and Christian and scholarly.
The dormitory been opened and it is intended as a delightful Christian home rather than a place to stay.
All friends look with pride to the deserved success of their own institution.
[From The Baptist Argus, Aril 9, 1908, p. 2; via Baylor U. digitized documents. Scanned and formatted by Jim Duvall.]
[The Academy became Campbellsville Junior College, then Campbellsville College (this editor's Alma Mater) and is now Campbellsville University.]
More Kentucky Baptist Histories
Baptist History Homepage