Third Baptist Church, Covington, KY
The Baptist Argus 1899
We had the pleasure last Sunday of being with Pastor J. A. Lee, of Third Baptist church, Covington, morning and evening. It is in a section of the city which is growing rapidly, filling in with the best character of buildings. In the morning a Sunday-school service was held at which more than $58 were brought in as an offering for missions. At night the church licensed Prof. A. E. Greene to the ministry. Bro. Greene came to the Third church a few months ago from the Presbyterians. He is an educated, cultivated gentleman. For three years he has been principle of one of the large public schools of Covington. We rejoice greatly in the step he has taken. In the afternoon, with twenty members of his church, we joined with the brethren at Visalia, fourteen miles out on the pike, in recognizing the newly organized church at that place. Three deacons were ordained. The occasion was one full of enthusiasm and hope. Pastor Lee is responsible for this good work.
[From The Baptist Argus July 13, 1899, p. 9. Scanned and formatted by Jim Duvall.]
More Kenton County Baptist Histories
Baptist History Homepage