PERRY COUNTY ASSOCIATION was organized in 1821, and its name indicates its territory. A church was organized about three miles west of Rome as early as 1819, with the assistance of Elders Samuel Anderson and Charles Polke. The church at Tobin's Bottom is one of the strongest in the Association, and has had as pastors Elders R. M. Snyder, J. Armstrong and J. Van Winkle. The statistics for 1864, record nine churches and 370 members.
[From W. T. Stott, Indiana Baptist History, 1908, pp. 104. Scanned and formatted by Jim Duvall.]
Baptist History Homepage